His Excellency, Eric Tonye AWORABHI
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to Italy
Ambassador Eric Tonye Aworabhi was accredited by His Excellency Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to the Republic of Italy in 2012.
He holds a B.Sc degree in Economics from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, a Masters in Public Sector Management from the University of Aston in Birmingham (UK), an LL.B from the University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt (Nigeria) and B.L from the Nigerian Law School, Lagos (Nigeria).
From 1975 until his current assignment as Ambassador, he has held several high profile management positions in the Public Service of Nigeria. Including ;
- Secretary, Rivers State Health Management Board (1980 - 1981)
- Administrative Officer, Rivers State Civil Service (1981-1985)
- Head of Administration University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (1985 - 1989)
- Director of Administration, University Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (1989 - 2006)
- Director of Administration, Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital, Yenagoa (2007 - 2010)
- Sole Administrator, Ogbia Local Government Area, Bayelsa State when it was created in 1991
- Member, Governing Council of the Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State (2005 - 2011)
- Member, National Salaries Income and Wages Commission, Abuja (2009 – 2012)
Ambassador Aworabhi belongs to the following professional bodies:
- Member, British Institute of Management;
- Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered);
- Fellow, Institute of Health Service Administrators of Nigeria;
- Member, Institute of Arbitrators of Nigeria.
Listed below is part of Ambassador Aworabhi’s Community Service :
- Patron, Ogbaka Club of Ogbia (2005 – to date);
- Member, Bayelsa State Elders Council (2005 – to date);
- Member, Board of Trustees of Pro-Natura (International) Nigeria (2009- to date)
Ambassador Eric T. Aworabhi is married with children.